The initial consultation will take around one hour. In this time the osteopath will take a case history to determine the cause of your problem. Although your problem may seem minor, a full medical case history is necessary to ensure safe and effective treatment.
You will then be asked to undress down to your underwear, if you feel uncomfortable with this let your osteopath know and they may be able to make you more comfortable, though it should be remembered that osteopathy is a hands-on treatment which is best delivered directly to the skin and muscle effected. Heavy clothing can impede effective diagnosis and treatment.
Osteopathic treatment should be suited to the needs of the patients, it generally consists of gentle articulation and massage techniques but in some cases spinal adjustments maybe the most suitable form of treatment.
Please download and print the information above, this includes a pre-clinical questionaire to help monitor our clinic outcomes. We can provide you with hard copies at the clinic if you prefer.
What to Bring
Do bring your reading glasses if you need them so you can sign the relevant forms, a list of prescribed medicines you take, any results of x-rays or scans you may have.
At the end of your consultation the osteopath will give you advice on how to manage your condition and speed your recovery.
If you have any concerns about your treatment please raise them with your osteopath during the appointment, or call the clinic.
Terms and Conditions
- Provide a professional, caring service for our patients.
- Listen to your individual experience.
- Take a full medical case history.
- Give you an understanding of your condition and advice to prevent re-occurrence.
- Communicate effectively and promptly.
- Refer you to other medical professionals where necessary.
- Uphold patient confidentiality and not share your details with anyone without prior consent.
As a patient of our clinic we ask you to accept the following standards:
- Arrive in good time for your appointments
- Inform the clinic of any changes in personal details/circumstances.
- Come suitably dressed and prepared for treatment.
- Communicate any concern you have to the osteopath
- Respect that the treatment of other patients is confidential
- Make a full disclosure of your state of health and circumstances so an accurate diagnosis can be made.
Treatment may be declined if these items are ignored.
If you no longer require a treatment please give 24 hours notice. We reserve the right to charge for appointments that are not attended or cancelled at short notice. Genuine problems will be considered at the discretion of the Osteopath, but repeat occurrences will be charged for at approximately half fee.